Location: Valemount Lions Club
1100 Main Street, Valemount
90 Hour Open: 08:41 Mon-Jul-23 Close: 19:23 Mon-Jul-23
84 Hour Open: 13:39 Mon-Jul-23 Close: 00:03 Tue-Jul-24
Facilities: Washrooms and Food only.
* There are no sleeping facilities at this control, riders wishing to sleep must make their own arrangements.
Nearby accommodations are listed below.
Food – Meal:
Vegetable Soup, Potatoes, Meat or Cheese Sandwiches, Salad
Cookies or Cake, Fresh Fruit,
Coffee, Tea, Fruit Juice, Sport Drink Mix, Water
Motel Accommodations: Please note this is a list of nearby lodgings only,
NO recommendation is implied for any of the accommodations listed.
- Best Western Valemount – 1950 Hwy 5 (tel) 1-250-566-0086 or 1-800-780-7234
- Premier Mountain Lodge – 1495 6th Ave (tel) 1-250-566-4445 or 1-877-747-8713
- Super 8 Valemount – 1465 5th Ave (tel) 1-250-566-9171 or 1-888-288-5081
* Note – It is 125 km to the next control at Jasper (445 km), be sure to carry enough water and food with you. There may be a temporary concession at the Mt. Terry Fox Lookout at 348 km and there is a convenience store with limited hours at 357 km. There are no other sources of water or food until Jasper.
Control Captains: Ricky & Wim Kok
Volunteers: Kathy & David Kirsop, Christine Kraayvanger, Darren Maclachlan, Shirley Watson & Paul Whaley